What constitutes a legal malpractice case? How can I prevent a malpractice case? What does my insurance policy cover (or not cover)? This session provides an overview of malpractice, legal professional liability policies, and related cyber security issues. In the first portion of the session, attendees will gain an understanding of the most prevalent types of legal malpractice and learn LMICK’s top tips for mitigating risk. Since lawyers are human—and risk mitigation is not risk elimination—the second half of the session will examine legal professional liability insurance and cyber insurance (generally): how it works, how it does not work, why you need it, and questions to ask.
Thank you for taking time to watch this pre-recorded program. We hope it provided some valuable tips for your practice. Below is the post program information. Please review and complete each item to ensure you get CLE credit.
- The program has been approved for 2.0 hours of CLE.
- CLEs for our activities are only available to LMICK Policyholders.
- The program has been approved for ethics credit.
- Each attorney must go to the KBA website, login and post their CLE Credit. Instructions can be downloaded here.
- This program has only been approved in Kentucky. If you wish for credit in other states, you are responsible for submitted the program for approval.
- Kentucky — KBA Program Number 255974