In 2009 Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company of Kentucky (LMICK) formed Lawyers Mutual Insurance Agency, LLC (LMIA). The agency was formed to expand our product offerings beyond the legal professional liability coverage underwritten by LMICK. LMIA provides Kentucky lawyers with court bonds that are underwritten by The Bar Plan Mutual Insurance Company. We make purchasing a court bond as simple and cost effective as possible.
Bonds available are:
- Supersedeas – A bond filed with a court by a party against whom a judgment has been rendered, in order to stay execution of the judgment pending appeal to a higher court. The bond guarantees that the judgment will be satisfied if determined to be correct.
- Fiduciary – A bond, customarily filed in a probate court, that guarantees an honest accounting and faithful performance of duties by administrators, trustees, guardians, executors, and other fiduciaries.
- Injunction – A bond required prior to enjoining any action by an adverse party that guarantees the ejoined party will be able to recover its money damages if the injunction proves to have been wrongfully obtained.
- Lost Instrument – A bond given by the owner of a valuable security (stock, bond, promissory anote, certified check, etc.) alleged to have been lost, stolen, or destroyed. The bond protects the issuer of the security against loss which may result from the issuance of a duplicate security or, in some instances, payment of the cash value of the security.
- Replevin – A bond required before property is seized to ensure that the prior possessor of that property can recover their money damages if the replevin is unjustified.
- Professionalism – A bond program managed by lawyers for lawyers.
- Speed – Bonds issued in 24 hours or less with most applications.
- Expertise – Underwriting by knowledgeable, experienced specialists.
- Security – Proven financial strength and stability.